Thursday, January 22, 2015

Story of a Classic House


A priceless treasure. One of Yangon's most beautiful homes at 86 Natmauk (formerly Park Road). I believe it was once owned by ICS U Kyin but grateful for any information.

  • You, Lutha Kyaw and 960 others like this.
  • Hla Myaing
    Write a comment...

  • Thant Myint-U Ok, thanks for all the information. I'd like to see what might be possible to help keep the house in the best possible condition.
    • Pyaie Phyo Oo အိုေကပါ, အားလံုးေသာ သတင္းမ်ားအတြက္ ေက်းဇူး အမ်ားၾကီး တင္ပါတယ္။ အဲဒီအိမ္ေတြကို ဘယ္လို အျဖစ္ႏိုင္ဆံုးနဲ. အေကာင္းဆံုး အေျခအေန အတိုင္း ထိမ္းသိမ္း သြားႏိုင္ ေအာင္ ေဆာင္ရြက္ႏိုင္ဘို. ကူညီရ မလဲ ဆိုတာ ကို က်ေနာ္ အေကာင္းဆံုး ေလ့လာ ၾကည့္ပါ့မယ္။
    • Hla Myaing
      Write a reply...
  • Harry Hpone Thant Yes. It is owned by U Kyin. My cousin MOFA DG/Ambassador U Thein Han(his wife was U Kyin's daughter) and family lived there.I think the younger generations of U Kyin still occupy it. It is in front of Mogok Vipassana Yeiktha.
  • Ni Si Yes, it's so beautiful that's my friends Ohnmar n. Gamone's house who was U Kyin 's grand daughters, now it's already sold out . I used to played in that big garden when we ''re young.
  • Mra Sabai Nyun Yes,it is owned by ICS U Kyin.....I know his son who is the retired Rector of the Institute of Economics...U Myat Thein..
  • Hlaing Bwa Really is a priceless treasure. We use to have somewhere around TEN houses like this in Yangon when we were young. But now I think this one is the last one still standing.
  • Thet Naing I live in that neighbourhood. The house is no longer in possession of U Kyin's descendents as it has already been sold. U Kyin's relatives are still living in ငါးထပ္ၾကီး ရိပ္သာလမ္း. I know them personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment